Photo's of this years Cyclofun - Sunday 28th May 2017
CycloFun 2017 event photos can be found in 3 shared folders - click on the links here -
Cyclofun is an event organised by Fife Rotary Clubs (Cupar, Howe of Fife, North Fife and St Andrews) and a range of supporting groups. Take a cycle ride through the beautiful Tentsmuir Forest For chidren there will be medals for everyone completing the course .
The base and cycle rides open from 11am and you can go out cycling on the forest trails up to 2 pm returning to the base which closes at 4 pm.
Bring a picnic and have a fun day in the forest!
There's a great range of activities at the event base - Tayport Football ground -
- 5 and 8 mile flat trails cyle routes through Tentsmuir.
- Cycling skills and obstacle course.
- If your children cycle but you don't - a group ride led by suitably qualified adults - see news story (right) and please book in with us in advance.
- Adventure skills course with Fife Outdoor Education - a fast and fun ride in groups around a trails course just by the event base - fun to try and watch! Around 2 pm - anyone can enter (childrens need parents permission).
- Try an electric bike and see a range of new and refurbished bikes for sale.
- A Nature Quiz (for children) - you can walk around this.
- Dr Bike mechanics - to look over your bike and help fix any problems.
- All ability bikes - Kilmarron School fund raising challenge - see how bikes can be adapted.
- PLANT gardening stall.
- Tayport Community stalls, Sea Eagles project.
- Penny Farthing and other bikes through the ages display.
- Trail Crit - afternoon off-road races - children can take part with parents consent.
- Smoothie drinks from St Andrews Transitions team & environmental projects stall.
- Picnic area, toilets, Food and drink at base or pick up from Co-Op nearby.
- Free event entry and car parking. Small fees for some activities.
- Donations welcome on the day for Rotary supported charities.
- Help transporting bikes to and from Tayport from nearby locations, a led ride for children whose parents do not cycle, bike loan to part part in some activities may be available - please contact us before the day via this website.
- Bike Hire available by booking direct with local Bike Shops.
The Cyclofun event starts and ends at Tayport Football Club, and the routes through the Tentsmuir Forest offer an attractive and safe environment for families and people of all ages to enjoy a leisurely yet relatively challenging cycle in the company of others. It is not a race and you go at your own pace around a flat, marshalled and signposted route (5 or 8 mile options)
When arriving in Tayport from either the St Michaels direction or from the Tay Bridge direction, follow the yellow direction signs in main street which say 'Football Traffic'. If using SatNav, the postcode is DD69DX. Participants who pre-book may, by arrangement, be able to have their bicycles transported to and from the venue from agreed locations and population centres in Fife.